On the far left is Etwon. He is one of the most creative boys I know. Getting him to focus on REALITY is a bit difficult at times because all he wants to think about and talk about are things that don't actually exist. He has created a world of his own. It's quite amazing, actually. I am now even a part of the Twon world. Miss Adamsontwon is my name there. Etwon is also a great artist and in seconds he can show me whatever is in his brain! Look at me Etwon, I'm shiny!
In the middle is Brian Regan. Obviously not his real name. But, since this fifth grader acts like him, talks like him, and knows EVERY part of every routine...I feel OK calling him Brian. Seriously, the other day he stood up by his desk and entertained us for about 30 minutes. I let him because I needed to laugh! Brian is so funny and so fun to be around. The trick, I've found, is helping him understand when to turn it off and just come back to states and capitals.
On the right is Money. Money doesn't really love school. In fact, the only reason I think he is happy all day is because he is surrounded by his buddies Etwon and Brian Regan. Honestly, it's all about the people. However, I have do say that on the spot Money will dance or sing whatever your request may be. The other day in Music class, for his talent, he reproduced the Subway "Five dollar foot long" song. Hello.
A few weeks ago these boys got into some pretty big trouble in P.E. I wasn't there to witness the infraction, but after being told numerous times to stop sliding...they didn't stop. I had to put them into refocus (think time...evaluate goals time) and it was a killer experience for all of us. They are good boys and getting into trouble rocked their worlds...and mine too. I hated every second of it. Yes, we all shed some tears together. Is that crazy? I just love them so much and I don't want them to make bad choices. I'm not a parent, but I felt like one for a few minutes that day. All I want is for them to do their best and be their best...I honestly can't wait to see where life takes them. Etwon wants to design video games, Brian Regan wants to be a CFO, and Money swears he will be in the NFL someday. Hmmmm....maybe Brian can fund the NFL video game Etown designs of Money? Love you boys!
4 comments:
Crazy the love you have for them. I am serving in the Young Women's program right now. That means I spend a lot of time with the young men too. I am not very fond of those 12-year old boys! Yuck! HA HA HA
As the mother of Etwon The Great, I would personally like to thank you for helping "The Twons" reach new heights. Mamatwon loves ya!
You are such a great teacher to let them be themselves!! I love those goofs! They are always a highlight of my week too!
You are such an amazing teacher, but that wouldn't be a surprise as you are such an amazing person anyway!
Post a Comment