I left on my mission and then she went on one of her own. Kristen has remained best friends with Emily throughout the years, so I still get to see her every once in awhile. I have been in her home and I have seen her with her boys (right now ages 5, 4 and 3) and I have admired her positive attitude and constant smile for all of these years. I just love being around her.
Well, a lot has happened in her life. She married into a family who needed her more than she knew. With three young boys of her own, she agreed to help out her sister-in-law and took in her three children as well. For awhile, she cared for six kids ages 11-1. Life was not easy. But this experience gave her some purpose and direction in her life...beyond what she ever dreamed.
Right now, she is the reigning Mrs. Utah! Her platform is "Accepting and Overcoming Adversity." She is able to share her message of hope with people all over the state of Utah. I hadn't officially heard her speak until today and I am still thinking about it. My mom invited her to come speak in her ward. She gave a wonderful talk about how sometimes life gives you lemons, but it is how you deal with those lemons that makes all the difference. She speaks from experience--that it is all in your attitude! I wish someone would record her sometime, because I would listen to it in my car over and over again.
Thank you, Mrs Utah! I sure love you and I really appreciate your example in my life.

(Oh, there it is!)
1 comment:
I love you too Michelle! Thank you for your sweet words.
Post a Comment