Happy 2009. It's been a couple of weeks since this year started, and I haven't written about any of my adventures! But my main resolution this year is to live without regrets. So I can't look back. I will just do the best I can.
Here are some things I DON'T regret so far this year (I really like lists!!):
1. Tracking down a clown--as a grown adult--and asking her to make me a party hat. She made me a great hat (for free) and we had a great conversation. I was trying to divert her attention from the kids waiting in line behind me. I needed her to make three more hats for my friends! How do you celebrate a new year without party hats that look like tents, or dogs, or even flowers? Let's face it. Wearing balloons on your head can only make you happy. Nope. No regrets.


2. Dancing. Oh my! It takes a six year old to get it out of me, but even with the cameras flashing, I couldn't stop. She is the DANCING QUEEN! We really, really love "Mama Mia." Both of us just started singing at the top of our lungs and then it turned into a dance festival! We tried to copy Meryl Streep's dance from the movie, but it didn't work so well. We ended up making up our own version. It was such a fun night! No Regrets.

3. On January 5th I was honored by the Davis School Board for achieving National Board Certification. I thought it would be a simple thing. You know, maybe I would have to stand up and smile as they said my name. Oh no. It was kind of a big deal. The six of us who certified were invited up front to hear about all of our accomplishments. Then we each received a plaque from the School Board. Seriously, you could have knocked me over with a feather. It felt great to get some attention recognizing my hard work. I hung the plaque in my classroom. No picture of the event. Just this one of the district offices. No regrets for working hard.

4. How can I regret any moment I spend with this little man? He is starting to walk...and really I could sit and let him walk to me for hours. It is SO much fun. He will turn ONE next week. I don't remember my life before him...and, now I love that he knows me now and wants to be with me! Don't you love his new jammies? I don't regret buying those at all :)

5. My mom celebrated a birthday recently. I won't share her age, but she's still so young! I love her so much. Her love and real devotion for her family is appreciated by all of us. I admire so many things about her, but the one thing that means the most to me right now is how much she supports me in whatever I chose to do. I feel more confident because of that. She wants me to be happy. I have no regrets in my relationship with her. We don't always agree, but I never leave a conversation with her feeling unloved. Happy Birthday, Mama!

6. Do you know 'Ben's Cookies' at the Gateway? I didn't either until last week. OH MY GOODNESS! All I can say is BUTTER. Cookies that taste like butter are NEVER regrets. They were absolutely delicious. Eating a perfect cookie was the perfect way to end an afternoon of pleasure with good friends.

7. I don't think there will be any regrets about this day. I hope not anyway. I just loved Inauguration Day. I sat in my classroom and watched everything with anticipation. I felt the energy of the millions of people who were in Washington D.C. I loved the feeling of history. I loved the feeling of change. I love the idea that the swearing in of this president was something very significant.

8. And this...there is NOT ONE REGRET in THIS!*
3 comments:
I was hoping someone left a comment about that last picture. What's that story??
That's awesome about your school recognition - you so deserve it.
I feel like I'm holding my breath for Obama. He can't solve all the problems, but hopefully he'll do some good and all will love.
What a fun post Michelle! Hey would you mind posting a button for my fundraiser tea on your blog? If that would be okay email me at emily.7n@gmail.com. Thanks!
okay, the last picture needs some explanation...
Post a Comment