Friday, December 12, 2008

GRATITUDE*

It isn't Thanksgiving anymore. Sorry for the delay. I just got these pictures from my sister. They are nothing glamorous, but they tell a story of a Thanksgiving tradition. For the past few years my family has spent Thanksgiving morning running a 5k. It is an amazing way to start a day of gratitude...full of life! This year it rained on us... and we were missing some family members, but we kept going and we all finished!
This fine Indian boy was my motivation. Yes, he ran the entire rainy way looking just that good.

I really enjoyed Thanksgiving this year. I tried so hard to focus on what was really *important to me. I think another list is in order: health, home, family, nephew, sisters, brothers, parents, grandparents, testimony, gospel, faith, car, food, friends, stars, email, clothes, job, students, cinnamondos, homemade stuffing, movies, education, technology, diet coke with limes, books, phone, cameras, games, laughing, talking, shopping, coats, sunshine, music, hope, joy...I could go on and on. I just feel like I don't take enough time each day to count my blessings.

3 comments:

heidi said...

I want to know how you got a picture of Indian boy and why I can zoom in on him. :)

What are cinnamondos? I think I need one.

Lisa said...

What a great list of things to be thankful for. I definitely count you among the many blessings that I have in my life! Love ya!

Ally said...

I agree...what is a cinnamondo?:) I still want to do lunch while in zion...