Friday, November 21, 2008

IT'S FINALLY OVER...

This is what I read on the website today:

Congratulations! You are a National Board Certified Teacher®!Your performance met the standard for National Board Certification® set by the board of directors of the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards® (NBPTS®).

The wait is over. After almost two years of work, papers, portfolios, and then an unbelievably KILLER test, Jodi and I found out today that we are both Nationally Board Certified Teachers! Deep Breath... it's over. Maybe all the work was worth it after all. I feel so relieved.

What does this mean for my career. Nothing really. Not in Utah anyway. It doesn't change how I teach, who I teach, what I teach, etc. It doesn't even really change what I get paid. But I know how much work I did and I am so proud of myself. I don't know if anyone can truly understand unless they've gone through it themselves. It's over! I passed!

9 comments:

heidi said...

Congratulations! Hopefully Huntsman can deliver and start paying you guys more moolah.

Ally said...

CONGRATS!! Did you find out by mail? Since we moved, I haven't had any mail from them--is there another way to figure it out? Not that it even matters...as now I am probably the furthest away from teaching that you could possibly be. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!! That has got to be the biggest relief of your life--did you hear who else got it?? CAN we go to dinner in December sometime?? Oh how I miss teaching in Utah.

Ally said...

P.S. When are your traveling adventures going to bring you here? Thank you for having a blog--I LOVE IT. When I voted, I thought of you. That's all.

Allyson said...

Okay, yes...this is the third post to your blog (pre and post church today!) I'm too scared to log on to the website...I'm about to pass out. I really don't know if I did pass--(generally I really feel good or bad or something, but in this case, I have no idea!)We have dinner guests in just a minute so it will have to wait until maybe...never!:) JK I'll probably get up the courage tonight!
Anyway: E-mail: allysonbowcutt@gmail.com I hope you guys celebrate all year, you deserve it!!

KATE said...

I'm so proud of you too. Congratulations!!!

Kim said...

Congratulations my very smart sister. Too bad it doesn't mean that you get a huge raise. I would have gone with you on your yacht! You are amazing!

Tisha said...

I found your blog through Gina's. I am so glad I found you! Congrats to both you and Jodi.

Marin said...

Hi Michelle! I am so glad you blog! Congratulations! It is so fun to keep up with all your adventures!

April said...

Yeah, just like everyone else I am so glad I found your blog! I think of you often and wonder what you are up to. Congrats on graduating! That is a ton of work! I am glad you are doing so good and I hope we can keep in touch now.