Tuesday, November 11, 2008

STARS THAT TWINKLE AND SHINE...

In my WHOLE, ENTIRE life I have never had Christmas lights on my house. EVER. My dad really didn't love the idea of putting them up in the cold and my mom never pushed the issue. I just always wished we had them. I remember riding on Sunday nights to my grandma's house during the holidays and my sisters and I would look out the windows counting the number of houses with lights we had on our side of the car. Most of all, we loved the lights that twinkled.

I live in a house now. In fact, for quite a few years it has been the only house on our street WITHOUT Christmas lights. Quite the embarrassment, huh? But, I had no ladder and really no idea how to put up lights. I just WISHED I could have them up.
Today a miracle happened! As I was driving home from school, after a LONG day of Parent Teacher Conferences, I noticed lights on a house on my street. As we got closer I SCREAMED. LOUD and A LOT! The lights were on my house!! And not only were there colorful lights, but there were hanging snowflakes (STARS) that twinkle. I could not believe it. My house was THE ONLY house on the street with lights. I couldn't stop looking at them. In fact, I laid on my couch in the dark and just watched the STARS twinkle. What a great surprise. What a great gift. Thank you Mark and Lisa for making my Christmas WISHES come true. I love this time of year!

3 comments:

heidi said...

What awesome friends to do that for you! I need to learn how to do lights too - Gary and I just kind of threw them up one year and our house looked super white trash. What a great surprise - they look so festive.

KATE said...

I love your lights. We put our Christmas lights up this weekend. As a special treat for Sam, we got "twinkle twinkle little star" snowflakes for our front porch too. our neighbors have some, and Sam just loves them. when we got ours all put up, Sam gasped and said, "They are so beautiful." He is right.

Anonymous said...

It is only fitting that a person who loves Christmas so much have lights on the inside and the outside of their house! We love you and hope this is the Best Christmas Ever!