Sunday, October 26, 2008

When you WISH upon a STAR...


...Your dreams come true!

Don't you just love Disney? He always says it perfectly. You feel a song coming on, dont you?

I just love long weekends...and vacations! So any excuse I have, I try to combine the two...and this time I combined them with favorite people and favorite places. It was a wonderful break from school.

I spent the UEA ("Fall Break") weekend in Southern California enjoying the beautiful weather and many fun things to do. From San Diego to Anaheim...here are the highlights. (I enjoy a good list!)

  • Mondo. A very brave cinnamon bear.
  • Smoothies in decorated cups...not your ordinary Jamba Juice.
  • Trader Joes. I had no idea that Jo Jo's beat out Oreos. Now I know.
  • Great Mexican food.
  • Buying a ring that will suck all of the stress out of me. Yep, it will do that. If not, I can bury it.
  • Almost touching a dolphin.
  • The Shamu Slam. Shamu, Shamu. I BELIEVE!
  • The San Diego Temple...breathtaking...in many ways. Beautiful Celestial Room.
  • Walking, no RUNNING away from a marriage proposal...in a hot tub. FREAKY!!
  • Riding around in a wheelchair. Not me. But it looked fun...
  • Road trips. Even just 2 hour ones.
  • A non-sitting shower.
  • Disneyland. Period. Love that place. I almost get teary.
  • Disneyland at Halloween...orange, Mickey pumpkins everywhere.
  • Candycorns spell CALIFORNIA! So great.
  • Fast passes. When U.tah E.nters A.naheim--they are completely necessary.
  • The Haunted Mansion was even cooler than normal.
  • Its cool, and even normal to wear matching shirts.
  • Beating 40,000 points. Hello. I have no shooting skills.
  • Roller Coasters...front rows...single riders...doesn't matter. I was SCREAMIN'!
  • The evolution of the Shamu Slam to become the Shamoon Slam. Still laughing...
  • Icecream and fireworks. Enough said.
  • Monte Cristo sandwiches...at the Blue Bayou...almost overlooking the water...
  • Singing...especially when it is loud...and on roller coasters...
  • Disney stores. You think you NEED everything. They trick you. You really don't.
  • Tinkerbell.
  • Limes. No onions. No mushrooms. But lots of limes. Wait...no olives either.
  • Making up character autographs...many hearts and many swirls. Lauren will never know.

Thanks for so many great memories!

Where are we going next?


4 comments:

Jodi said...

Michelle, I love that you have a blog. You do such a wonderful job at capturing the moments of life that are important. Thanks for a great trip. You did a fantastic job of holding on to the memories!

heidi said...

Trader Joe's is the best! Although I've never had Jo Jo's. I'll have to remember that.

Are you coming to China? We can go to Hong Kong Disneyland together....

Gina said...

You have to tell me that you have a blog in order for me to know that you have a blog. AND...You are not allowed to have a blog and be a blog stalker. You know that don't you? You are required to commment. Now that I am going private, I am finding all these little stalkers left and right. Who knew that you were one of them? I will add you in.

I enjoyed your memories, even though I haven't been to Disneyland since I was 18.

Megan Allen said...

I LOVE Disneyland :) haha that's what I'll miss most about high school is the choir trips to California!